Saturday, May 02, 2009

woke up at 7.30;
knew the day would do me in
woke up at 10.30
and I had lost everything

and please, please, I say - 
have mercy on this brand new day

In Bethlehem I saw the star
was slowly on the rise
and I knew the time had finally come
for this old world to die

and please, please, I say - 
have mercy on this brand new day

I was walking down the road
and I saw the setting sun
and those crosses on the hill
and I knew the deed was done

and I heard the thunder speaking 
and the mountains did shake
and I heard the voice of God
bid the rivers to awake


and please, please, I say -
have mercy on this brand new day

I walked a street of mist and sound
and wondered what's ahead
a ghost appeared and whispered to me
'everything is dead'

I woke up in the morning
and was weary of my sin
woke up at 7.30; I knew the day would do me in.


-adam

0 comments:

Post a Comment