Wednesday, June 07, 2006

A blast from the backlog! This one's nothing much new, actually. Just fiddling with the number of stresses. And general mucking about. But anyway enjoy!

-~-

just think of me whenever you see a sigh to the sun and sky,
whenever a newborn morning's dawn takes up its wings to fly;
forget me not with every thought, and never let me die,
for morning is worth naught to me, if i am naught in your eyes.

just hold me near whenever you hear the heavens start to cry,
and if i am away, the lonesome day shall bid the rains goodbye;
until i return, let your heart's fire burn, and keep your soft eyes dry,
for raining is worth naught to me, if i am naught in your eyes.

just recall my face when the night's embrace engulfs a darkened sky,
let not night's old art strike fear in your heart, though she will surely try;
and never allow on your face a frown, and never heave a sigh,
for darkening is worth naught to me, if i am naught in your eyes.

take the sun and the rains, the night and the pains, as roads to remember me by
but never, ever, let your heart wander, and never let our love die.

0 comments:

Post a Comment