Tuesday, August 09, 2005

so you think that you got it on? doors open, hair tied up, yellow brick road all the way? there's beauty in uncertainty, imperfection, complication. the world has no place for rigid bricklaying. we live in a whirlwind of colour and contour, just a passing cloud underneath the rainbow. follow your asymptotal life in your little shack, that's all you're gonna get.

alternatively

one could learn to open the windows and trade mildew for briny breeze. embrace distortion. new smiles, new handshakes. the delicious pain of a fresh puncture. brilliant exchange, the glisten of teeth. testing wet paint signs for yourself. the downfall of the powerful.

let the jazz take over. this is the real utopia.

6 comments:

a adhiyatma said...

who's this by?

a adhiyatma said...

oh lol nvm. I like it. What's it meant to be? Could you say something about that?

Cheng said...

Hi... it's Cheng! It says so on the bottom of the post.

Omg thanks!

It was inspired by a certain someone's unfeeling rigidity and a subsequent war of values. This is just feedback.

a adhiyatma said...

well it works as a short piece of prose (did I mention I like it?). I guess the main bone I have with it is just that it's kind of non-functional, except as a response to something. On its own, i'm just not sure.

However, I like the language. Yo.

a adhiyatma said...

ahem! somebody go read and help out with the previous few posts, which are being neglected! *hint*hint*

Anonymous said...

I agree with adam on the fact it doesn't exactly seem to stand alone. But I love the way you've written it. Really leaves me in awe! :)

Post a Comment